Hi everyone, the last day of the month means it’s time to reveal our newest challenge for you. Our August mood board has been designed for us by Sue Plumb and we hope it will give you a creative push and that you will play along with us.
First, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here is Sue’s gorgeous board, entitled “Life is a Blank Canvas”…
Sue’s mood board includes a mix of eclectic images that is sure to inspire you. Featuring a range of colours, with a particular focus on rich jewel tones, there is plenty of scope to choose a limited palette or go wild and use them all! You might choose the quote as your starting point and create something with paint, or simply include it somewhere on your project. Other elements pf the board include textures such as wood or brick; and a range of patterns including stripes and diamonds. You could even be inspired by the nature themed elements such as gardens, trees, flowers or butterflies. Whatever inspires you is entirely up to you – but please tell us about it when you load your entry.
Here is Sue’s beautiful sample layout…
Sue did some stash-busting for this layout, using our ‘Wild at Heart’ collection from long ago. The rich colours of this collection suit the board perfectly, and it is no surprise that Sue chose to create a mixed media layout inspired by the quote, and she also included the quote itself on her layout.
Continuing along the artistic theme, Sue also included a paint brushes cut file amongst her layers and cleverly added a splash of colour to each of the brush tips.
She also included brick pattern stamping; and fussy cut flowers and butterflies.
If you would like to see how Sue put this layout together, you can watch her process video here:
We can’t wait to see how this board inspires you!
- Entries must be loaded into the August challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 31st August to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.