Hi everyone, it’s hard to believe that it is time to reveal our SEPTEMBER monthly challenge today! As our friends in the northern hemisphere wave goodbye to summer and we in the southern hemisphere head into spring, we thought it might be nice for us all to dream of warm days and get some of those summer memories documented. And what better inspiration than a mood board designed by our own queen of summer, Anna Komenda.
First, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Now here is Anna’s gorgeous board, entitled “Summerlicious”…
Anna has truly captured the warm summer night vibes with this mood board. Featuring a beautiful colour palette of pinks, orange, yellow, purple and a splash of mint – choose just a couple or use them all! You could create a multi photo project inspired by the image of the hanging photo gallery; or use even create a gallery yourself. The quote could be used as a title or journaling, or be inspired by the shells or the ocean to create something with a beach theme. If patterns are more your thing, you’ll find large polka dots or a wavy, marble style pattern/ Whatever you choose is up to you, but please tell us about it when you load your entry.
Here is Anna’s stunning sample…
It is easy to see where Anna got her inspiration from when you look at her layout. The first thing that strikes you are those gorgeous colours, which match the board perfectly! She used a variety of elements from different collections to get just the right mix.
The second feature of Anna’s layout that strikes you immediately, is her use of the wavy pattern just like the image on the board. This is such an effective design for a layout background (which would look equally amazing in a range of alternative colours and patterns).
When you take a closer look, you can see how many summer themed embellishments she managed to include on her page. Despite being from completely different collections, Anna has managed to bring them all together harmoniously by sticking with the colour palette. (See why we call her our queen of summer?!)
How will this board inspire you?
- Entries must be loaded into the September challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 30th September to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.