Hi everyone, well we are definitely on the downhill run to the end of the year now, as today it is time to reveal our November challenge. This month our mood board has been curated for us by the lovely Melissa Vining, and she has called this one “Stay Awhile”. You will see from the board it’s a little bit cute, a little bit quirky, and a little bit boho – all rolled into one!
First, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been put together by a member of our design team. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here’s a look at Melissa’s “Stay Awhile” board…
Melissa’s mood board has the ability to be reminiscent of either Autumn or Spring, as there are colours that would work for either one if you are chasing a seasonal vibe. Or it might be the quote that inspires you to create a project with kindness as a theme, or a design with a central focal point surrounded by florals. If coffee is your thing, we’ve got you covered too – you might want to document your love of coffee, your favourite cup, or even your favourite spot to drink it. If you love texture, you might include fringing or tassels; or perhaps the rainbow has caught your eye? Whatever you choose is up to you, but don’t forget to tell us what it was when you load your entry.
Here is Melissa’s gorgeous sample…
It isn’t difficult to see which image inspired Melissa! As you can see, she has interpreted the quote picture quite literally, and used it like a sketch to create her page design. This is a great way to dive into the challenge if you are short of ideas or simply don’t know where to begin.
Melissa used our ‘These Days’ collection for her layout, and the wood grain paper was perfect as the base for the centre piece of her page. Just like the inspiration image, she chose a written quote to use alongside her photo, which came from the cut apart paper in the collection.
This collection is bursting with gorgeous florals so Melissa had plenty to choose from when it came to adding all the flowers around her page. She used a mix of fussy cut flowers from the “Home Grown” paper and die cut flowers from the Floral Ephemera pack. So, so, pretty!
Now how will our “Stay Awhile” challenge inspire you?
- Entries must be loaded into the November challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 30th November to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.