Well here we are at the beginning of 2021! For some 2020 was a good year, but sadly for many 2020 was not filled with the joy and happiness we all would have hoped for. As we all start afresh we hope that the year ahead brings good health, happiness, and a much brighter year for us all.
And what better way to kick things off than with a new monthly challenge designed for us by Anna Komenda.
Here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team and contains a variety of images. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here’s a look at Anna’s mood board, entitled “A Splash of Colour”…
Anna has created a fun-filled board for us to work with this month featuring a variety of colours contrasted by black and white. There are several images that feature paint swatches and brushes, which could easily inspire a mixed media page using acrylic or watercolour paints. You could even create a project with art as the subject. There are a number of patterns evident in the board – everything from a random scattered style, to structured stripes and geometrics. The fabulous quote could be used as the title of your page, or you could simply use it as inspiration to create a page centred on “fun”. You might like to look closely at the image with the frames and spot something in one of them that catches your eye. Whatever you choose is up to you, but please tell us about it when you load your entry.
Here is the stunning sample Anna has created to inspire you…
As you can see, Anna used the quote as the main inspiration for her page – it makes the perfect title to document the photo of her creative space.
Of course Anna was going to incorporate mixed media and a rainbow onto her layout – we know how much she loves both of those things! The bright swatches and splatters she created across her background gives this page an arty, fun feel – just like the board has.
We love the way Anna coordinated her rainbow background with the die cut letters of her title featuring a mix of patterned papers from our collections. (This is a great way to use up small scraps from your stash!) And then a scattering of embellishments to further reinforce the colour blocking. Isn’t it divine?
Now that you’ve been inspired by Anna’s stunning layout, it’s time for you to get creative too!
- Entries must be loaded into the January challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 31st January to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.
We can’t wait to see your “A Splash of Colour” creations!