Hey Hey! It’s Michelle here today with a new layout share for you all using a technique that I’ve used a few times in the past, one that is quite time consuming, but looks pretty awesome once complete. I’ve also dipped into more of the No Limits Collection while I’m patiently awaiting the new Storyteller collection to arrive on my doorstep.

This layout was definitely a labour of love, weaving tiny little strips of paper together to create 1 large pattern overloaded background, but the end result was well worth it! Documenting a fun moment shared between Leila and 2 of her cousins late last year when we were able to get together to celebrate her 11th birthday. Still cant believe we’re halfway to 12 now.

I had a rough idea of how this layout was going to come together, so I started off by marking out a section on white cardstock where the weaved strips were going to sit, then adhered a couple of weaved pieces in place towards the bottom to create a starting point that wouldn’t slip out while building the piece up. I’ve used papers from both the A5 paper stack and 12×12 papers and continued to weave the strips all the way to the top, adding tiny drops of glue here and there along the edges to keep it all straight. This process took a couple of hours to perfect to get the right balance of colours and patterns throughout the piece. Once complete I added the extra white cardstock pieces over the top and sewed them down to hold the weaved piece in place.

Next I added the photo stack, layered with contrasting blue pattern papers with clusters of fun pieces either side.

To the right side I’ve mixed multiple pieces from the ephemera pack along with fussy cut stars from the Nebula pattern paper. Most are adhered with foam tape to lift them up and create dimension. We all know that I can’t create a layout without adding a tonne of foam tape for dimension, I just cant help it lol

To the left I’ve added more fussy cut stars and ephemera pieces, both scattered and tucked into the layers of the photo stack. I’ve used so many stars in my last few layouts that I’m surprised I’ve still got plenty left.

I created a mixed font title using the AWESOME word from the Die Cut Titles pack and an edited version of the ‘Born to Be’ banner from the accessory sticker sheet.

Last bundle of goodness grouped together on the bottom right section of the layout using a bunch more stars, ephemera pieces and a chipboard sticker piece to complete the group.

I gave the whole layout a sprinkle of black ink then called it done. Here’s another look at the final layout…

Really happy with the end result, creating something magical to document a sweet little moment between some pretty awesome cousins.

Well thats all from me today, thank you so much for stopping by. Be sure to share your creations with me when you try out the fun technique of paper weaving, I think it was kind of therapeutic in the end lol

Until Next Time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x