Get excited, because it’s time to reveal our newest monthly challenge! This month’s challenge has been specially designed by Melissa Vining and we would love to have you play along. But first, let’s run through some details. Each of our challenges start and end on the last day of the month. Challenges are revealed here on the blog and in our Facebook Community group, but you will need to be a member of the group to enter. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team and contains a variety of images to help spark your creativity. Using the images as inspiration, simply create your project and then upload an image into the challenge album in our Facebook group before the end of the month. Your project does not have to be a layout, you may prefer a set of cards or tags, traveler’s notebook spread, art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here’s a look at this month’s board, “Saturday Afternoon” designed by Melissa Vining…
This board has a relaxed, romantic vibe and could easily be used to inspire your project. It combines natural elements such as flowers and foliage with contrasting textures such as brick, wood, lace and paper. Colours include everything from fresh white and pastel pink, to playful shades of blue and green, and deep rich pinks and reds. You could be inspired by a particular theme – favourite things, romantic love or weddings; or you could even include the quote on your project. The closer you look, the more ideas you will find! We would love to know what inspired you, so make sure you tell us when you load your entry.
Melissa has a beautiful sample to share using her board as inspiration…
You can easily spot the elements from the board that have inspired Melissa’s layout – just look at that gorgeous gold, textured frame she created to use as her main design feature.
Melissa used our ‘Unforgettable’ collection for her layout, which enabled her to showcase both the wood grain and the florals that were represented on the board.
When you look closely you can see all the beautiful layers and textures Melissa created on her page. Loving her use of clear stickers placed directly onto her photo as well – such a great use of space and a fabulous way to draw extra attention to the photo.
Now we have shared some inspiration from Melissa, it’s time to get busy and create something of your own.
- Entries must be loaded into the August challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 31st August to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!