Hi everyone! It’s time again to share our brand new challenge with you. We asked the lovely Kylie Kingham to design our mood board this month, and she has put together a gorgeous board that we know will inspire you.
Before we share it, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team and contains a variety of images. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here is Kylie’s board, entitled “Peach Cottage”…
For some, October might be all about pumpkins, but for us this month it’s all about peaches! And Kylie’s mood board is just like a peach – soft, sweet and succulent (do you see what we did there?) The colour palette features a variety of tones ranging from warm to cool, and of course includes the signature colour, peach. There is sure to be a colour combination to suit almost everyone. When you look closely, you will notice stripes feature in several of the images – from the bold vertical stripes of the colour chart to the subtle horizontal stripes of the wood panelling. Foliage and flowers also feature prominently, (which is no surprise if you know our Kylie the flower queen!) The board has an overarching feel that is warm, homely, and a little bit country all rolled into one. There are lots of ideas for project themes such stories of home or garden, suitcase-inspired travel, or perhaps even a wedding. The choice is yours and the possibilities are endless!
Here is Kylie’s stunning sample layout…
Kylie used our ‘These Days’ collection which is the perfect match for this mood board! Using a mix of torn layered papers, she captured warmth with the use of wood grain and then balanced this with cooler contrasting tones.
Of course there are flowers! Firstly through Kylie’s use of the floral cut file, which she positioned so it would cascade vertically down the page; then clusters of die cut flowers and foliage which she used to help frame that sweet photo.
There is even a subtle touch of extra texture through the addition of thread and a wood button included in the main embellishment cluster. This layout is beautiful, elegant and perfectly balanced – exactly like the images Kylie chose for her mood board!
And now that you have been inspired, it’s over to you…happy scrapping!
- Entries must be loaded into the October challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 31st October to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.