It’s the last day of the month, which means it’s time to reveal our newest challenge for you – designed especially for us by Tarrah McLean. Here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team and contains a variety of images. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here’s a look at this month’s board, “Serenity Lane” designed by Tarrah McLean…
This board has a sweet, feminine vibe that is sure to inspire you. It features a pastel rainbow colour palette and a mix of white space; clean lines and organic shapes. Textures inspired by natural elements such as wood, sand and water could lend themselves to mixed media designs; whilst the layers and lines of coloured icing could work equally well to inspire a more paper-based page. Flowers, wings, clouds, butterflies, rainbows – there are so many elements here to chose from. You may decide to create a “love” themed project inspired by the text; document a memory such as a trip to the beach or a birthday celebration; or even record something about your home, like some of our design team did earlier this month. Whatever you choose, we would love to hear what inspired you, so please tell us when you load your entry.
Tarrah has created a gorgeous layout based on her board…
You can see immediately how Tarrah has captured some of the elements from the board on her page. The painted raindrop patterned paper that she has used for her background, along with the whimsical style rainbows – a direct reference to the painted rainbow image in the board.
When you look closer you see other elements, such as the touch of wood grain tucked in behind her photo, and the small floral wreath.
Tarrah used the word “love” as her page title, and also incorporated the hearts from the same image.
Now we have shared some inspiration from Tarrah, it’s time for you to get busy and create something too.
- Entries must be loaded into the November challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 30th November to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.
We can’t wait to see your “Serenity Lane” creations!