Hello everyone! It’s time again to share our brand new challenge with you. This month we asked design team member Lina Monaco to create our mood board for us, and she has put together a stunning board that is sure to inspire.
Before we share it, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team and contains a variety of images. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveller’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here is Lina’s board, entitled “Electric Dreams”…
Wow! What a brilliant, beautiful, board Lina has created for us this month (and we think it reflects her personally too!) As you can see, the bright colour palette covers all the shades of the rainbow – use one or use them all, it’s entirely up to you. Aside from the colours, you might choose to be inspired by some of the other elements such as a striped pattern, circular shapes or umbrellas. Or your eye might be drawn to the kaleidoscope of butterflies, the tropical foliage, or those glorious summer drinks. There is so much to choose from!
Here is Lina’s gorgeous sample layout…
Lina was clearly inspired by all those colours and the summery vibe of the board. She used our ‘Sunkissed’ collection to document an adorable pool side photo of her daughter in her signature fun-filled style.
Lina’s mixed media layout features a subtle blended ink background, which provided the perfect backdrop for all those bold patterned papers. She combined this with a cut file title, which she cut multiple times and layered together. The cut file was overlaid with one of our glitter foam title words, and we are loving the combination.
Lina added clustered embellishments on either side of her photo, including pieces from both the die cut ephemera and floral ephemera packs. She finished it all off with some pretty gold splatters.
And now that you have been inspired, it’s over to you. We can’t wait to see what you create for this board. Happy scrapping!
- Entries must be loaded into the August challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 31st August to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.