Hi everyone, well here we are – our final monthly challenge for 2021! It’s hard to believe that Christmas is almost here and that the year is almost over isn’t it? And much like 2020 was, it’s been a year filled with challenges of a different kind as we all continued to grapple with the effects of the pandemic. All the more reason why we all need to focus on some festive fun instead, so the lovely Tarrah McLean has designed a beautiful seasonal mood board for us.
First, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Now here is Tarrah’s pretty board, entitled “Bells & Baubles”…
Tarrah has captured much of the joy and fun of the Christmas season with this mood board. Using a twist on the traditional Christmas colour scheme, she has filled the board with shades of soft pinks and greens, with just a hint of red and a splash of gold. Use one colour or use them all, it’s entirely up to you! You might choose to go with the Christmas theme, document a recipe or even a family food tradition. You might be more of a patterns and shapes kind of person – inspired by stars, circles or checks. Or you could simply use the word “JOY” as your project title. Whatever you choose is up to you, but please tell us about it when you load your entry.
Here is Tarrah’s stunning sample…
It’s easy to guess which image most inspired Tarrah – just look at all those stars! Tarrah used our new ‘Joyful’ collection (which matches the colour scheme perfectly!) and got stuck into some serious fussy cutting for this layout.
She documented a sweet Christmas photo of her boys from a couple of years ago, and created the large Christmas tree shape on her page using all the stars she cut out.
Tarrah sprinkled some of our new puffy stars amongst the paper stars on her tree, which added the perfect little touch of festive gold to her page. She also used some of our new puffy gold title stickers to add the Merry Christmas title.
Now, how will this board inspire you?
- Entries must be loaded into the December challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 31st December to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.