Can you believe it’s time to reveal our April challenge already? The year is definitely flying by! This month we asked design team member Rachel Lowe to design our mood board for us, and boy, has she got a stunning one to inspire you!
Before we get to that though, here are some details about how our challenges work:
Each challenge starts and ends on the last day of the month. They are revealed here on the blog as well as in our Facebook Community group. The challenge consists of a mood board that has been collated by a member of our design team and contains a variety of images. Simply use the images as inspiration for your project, then post a photo into the challenge album in our Facebook group. Your project can be a layout / set of cards or tags / traveler’s notebook spread / art journal page, etc – it’s entirely up to you. You do not have to use only Cocoa Vanilla Studio products, but they should be the main focus of your creation.
Here is Rachel’s board, entitled “Lollipop Summer”…
The first thing that strikes you about Rachel’s board are all those dazzling rainbow colours! Vibrant hues of pink, blue, yellow and green, offset with fresh white. There are elements from different decades of style – everything from playful retro patterns, as evidenced in some of the clothing items; through to a distinctly 80’s touch with the neon nails and hair. You might be inspired by the ice cream or lollipop to document a memory involving sweet treats; or by all the fashion to document an occasion where you dressed to impress. Or you could simply be inspired by the beautiful paper blooms to include some handmade flowers on your layout. There are so many things to choose from!
Here is Rachel’s gorgeous sample layout…
Rachel has captured the vibrant colours and summery vibe from the board perfectly with her use of our new ‘Sunkissed’ collection.
Rachel has also drawn inspiration from the fashion elements in the board, and created a sweet cluster that includes a handbag, hat, glasses and flip flops cut from patterned paper.
The machine stitching on each of the elements adds subtle texture and is a fabulous finishing detail.
Now you have been inspired by Rachel’s layout, it’s time to create your take on our challenge. Happy scrapping!
- Entries must be loaded into the April challenge album in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook Community group prior to midnight (AEST) 30th April to be eligible for the prize. (If you aren’t already a member, make sure you click the link to join.)
- Cocoa Vanilla Studio products must be used. Yes, you can use other supplies as well, but the majority of products used should be CVS.
- Entries must be created solely for this challenge and not combined with other challenges or design team work.
- You may enter as many times as you wish and entry is open to participants worldwide.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 store voucher to spend in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store.
- By entering the challenge you automatically give permission for your work to be shared by Cocoa Vanilla Studio via any of our social media channels.