Hey there, friends! Missy here, and I’m really excited to share my newest layout with you. I used the You Rock collection, and I think it’s safe to say that I made it as girly as I could…haha! My youngest daughter loves to get dirty, so this collection was perfect for these photos of her digging in the flower bed. I was inspired by one of the quotes on the Washi Tape strips about dirt, so I made that my title. I used one of the distressed patterned papers as my background and covered a lot of it with white acrylic paint and gesso. I used some ink sprays on the background as well as some bubble wrap as a stamp. I smudged some brown texture paste onto the bubble wrap and smushed it down to create those fun messy shapes. My goal was to create a grungy and dirty background while at the same time bringing in all the colors from the collection.
I love how this background turned out! This one photo makes me laugh. She’s trying to lick the water from the sprinkler…haha! I added in some Washi Tape strips behind this photo to add some pops of that red color. I also added in a fun Rubber Charm here.
I pulled out several of the die cut frames from the Ephemera pack to use as layers in the background. I used brown thread to machine stitch through all of those. I did decide to add in some flowers on the page. I used a cut file from Just Nick Studio and cut five wonky flowers on white cardstock. I used the same ink colors to color them as I used on the background. I love how the edges curl up and create such awesome dimension. I did also add a few die cut arrows and that fun circle with the camera on it.
Here are a few of the die cut flowers that I colored. I thought they made a nice addition to the design since she was digging in the flower bed, but they also add an extra “girly” edge to the page.
I added some foam behind my photos, and you can see how it lifts them up. I added one of the Accessory stickers that says “play all day” under this photo.
I used a scripty font in my Silhouette software to create the word “Dirt” and cut it using the wood grain paper. I used a block font to create the rest of the title and just used white cardstock to cut that. I love combining script & block fonts to break up a title and make it more interesting. Here’s another one of the die cut flowers…the petals look so cool all curled up! The circle is a a chipboard piece.
Here’s one more close-up of another flower. I paired it up with a few more Rubber Charm arrows.
Although this was a challenge and completely out of my normal type of color scheme, it was a lot of fun to create. I love that it pushed me to get out of my comfort zone and go the boy route for a change. I hope you’ll check out my process video here to see how I made this.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!